At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
Reporting to the Manager, Accounting, the Accountant completes transactional accounting tasks and prepares reports to ensure Nutrien’s accounting related information is kept current, readily accessible and accurately reported. Key activities are in support of the accounting function for a specified site and/or process.
What you will do:
- Complete day-to-day accounting, month-end and quarter-end close processes, including journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Monthly review of the general and subsidiary ledgers
- Manage controls over the general ledger system
- Responsible for monthly potash and salt royalty calculations and reports
- Assist Sr Accountant with capital project/fixed asset tasks as required
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with 3-5 years of applicable experience
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation would be an asset
- Commitment to safety and integrity
- Positive safety behavior and safety leadership
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated time management skills, and ability to engage and prioritize when involved with multiple initiatives and changing priorities
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team with both technical and non-technical staff
- Ability to proactively collaborate across finance and operations groups to achieve cross functional success
- Interest in and ability to learn and understand business and system processes
- Highly detail oriented
- Ability to perform effectively in a changing environment
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, primarily Excel and PowerPoint
- Understanding of IFRS
- Experience with Oracle EBS
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this position please visit our website: https://nutriencareers-nutrien.icims.com/jobs/9714/accountant-%2812-month-contract%29/job?hub=26&mobile=false&width=1000&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-420&jun1offset=-360